Tuesday 16 February 2010

What's New at Rainbow Cottage?

Wow I have lots to share today! There is lots going on at Rainbow Cottage! There is a distinct flurry of ideas and activity in the air!

This weekend I finally got my new laptop and oh! has it made a huge difference! Everything is working as it should and at speeds I haven't had in years! It has buoyed up my spirits and has given me new energy!
The result of this is that I have been looking at things I have around that are just being useless and taking up space and giving off a negative vibe every time I see or even think of them! So what can I do with them?

Well firstly I have a lovely range of Original Poetry Postcards. The poems were written by my dad, Phil Coleman and I have found an almost as lovely picture to complement them! As I write I have 2 listed on Folksy with more to come! I used have them on Ebay where they weren't appreciated but I hope with Folksy's support of originality and handmade items they will get a more appreciative welcome!


Secondly I have some postcards that I designed using stock pictures from my postcard printer/supplier. They are very pretty but are just taking up space! "Let's get rid of them quickly!" thought I and was happy with that decision but in the spirit of handmade and beauty I thought I might be able to do better than that and a new idea was born! Look out for our notelet sets coming soon in handmade wallets! The description doesn't do it justice but I want to keep you guessing until the finished items are ready! A little suspense to whet your handmade appetites!

Alongside these 2 new projects older projects are still ongoing. The arrival of a light tent for photographing jewellery means that I just have to tidy the dining room table and then I can try it out! I have high hopes for it (based on the recommendation of a friend in the business) so once those photo's are taken and uploaded on to my bright shiny new laptop I can get listing the boxful of items I've been dying to show you!

And yet there's more to share! My uncle is very supportive of his niece's enterprise that he has, without any prompting, found a shop in Northampton who is interested in stocking some of my jewellery and so I am beginning to prepare some items to send her. As soon as I have been accepted I will let you know where they are!

As you can imagine all this is very exciting and extremely uplifting! I am happier than I've been in months! suddenly I feel like the business is beginning to take root and maybe even fly!

Alongside all of this I am planning my own home and will be making as much as can for it. I don't have lots of money to spend so this is a project of frugality and creativity. If you are interested in following my progress then follow my blog - 'Teri's Handmade Home' at http://teris-handmade-home.blogspot.com

So do please check out our Folksy shop for our latest ranges including our new Poetry Postcards at http://www.folksy.com/shops/RainbowCottage

Bye for now and thanks for reading

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for visiting. Please leave me a message to let me know you've popped by :-)