Monday 30 May 2011

Some Personalisation

For some time I have been trying to find a way of making my jewellery pictures looks great. Something that stands out from all the others. This inspired me to go on a Photoshop course so I could learn about creating great graphics and making necessary alterations like lightening and removing blemishes (like a dog hair on the material the jewellery was laid on). My dear friend Maria of Maria Divine is very creative and has a great abiltity to add character to her photo's and everything else connected! She is a great inspiration to me. I love how everything she does is so pretty and professional. She also designed my logo etc. I was also looking at some pictures the other day and there was just a simple bit of text with their name on it and that made me think too about what I wanted my branding of my pictures to look like. I want people to know that these pictures belong to Rainbow Cottage.

So armed with these ideas, my Photoshop skills, and all the Photoshop images passed onto me by Maria I got to work designing a way to personalise my pictures. This is the result....


It would have been hard to work with the rainbow so using my business name in rainbow colours fulfils that side of it. I just love the way it looks and the way it lifts the photo's of the jewellery! I'm really pleased with my hard work and it all looks especially good in my new Misi Shop where I have been able to personalise the background of my shop too :-) What do you think? Doesn't it look great?


Doing this has also sorted out a problem I have. I don't know why but when I'm looking at thumbnails of my images on my computer they don't always show the way the picture actually is. I may have cropped the picture but the cropping doesn't show up. The same with lightening and other adaptations. Sometimes the picture is on it's side and when I open it to turn it I find it's already the right way. I might have a play, turn it one way and then another but when I go back to the thumbnail it's still on it's side. This happens with any of my images not just my business ones. Anyway now I have made these changes to all my jewellery pictures they all look just the way they should cropped, lightened and pretty! :-)

So I hope you like my new look pictures and I hope you'll pop over to my new Misi shop too. As you can see there is only a few items in it at the moment but I'll be adding more soon. I am in the process of deciding which one other shop I will be keeping...Etsy or Folksy. I will be closing my Dawanda, Art Fire and Zibbet shops soon to give me more time and energy to devote to the 2 shops I keep. I love Misi and Esty is easier to use than Folksy but I do like the idea of supporting the UK sites. I will let you when I have decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for visiting. Please leave me a message to let me know you've popped by :-)