Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year


Welcome to 2011! We hope this year is a great one for you!

We thought you might like to know what Rainbow Cottage has planned for 2011!

On our blog look out for 'Treat Yourself Tuesday' This idea is still under thought but what We do know is we will be featuring one or more products that would make a lovely treat for yourself or as a gift for a friend! We will be drawing them from all the mains sites that we list on...Etsy, Folksy, Dawanda, Art Fire and Zibbet. It may be that we feature an entire shop occasionally for those wonderful shops where everything is beautiful! So we hope you will be back to see our first feature on Tuesday!

I (Teri) never thought I would be able to make rings but there is an idea forming so do look out for rings coming to our shops soon! I'm also going to be making more Cuffs in a variety of colours as I know gold is not everyone's favourite! I have also bought new clasps for the gold cuffs I already have which will make them a pretty feature and easier to do up alone (cos we all know what a fiddle it is to do up a bracelet on your own)



So what else is going to be new for 2011? Well one of my (Teri's) new years resolutions is to lose weight which means keeping my hands busy in the evening so I will be doing lots more crochet and hope to make some lovely things like bags and blankets for our shop. Our dining room is now clear so we can get our sewing machines out and use up my very large stash of materials and make some very pretty shabby chic bits! If there is something you would like to have and it's not in my shop why not drop us an email and we will try to make whatever it is you require...just for you!

I (Jan) am intending on getting out my knitting needles and want to learn cross stitch and lace making so I'm sure we will be featuring more items made by me in our shops soon.

We also intend to make sure our Rainbow's Attic shop is stocked up so you crafters out there can find plenty to inspire and fulfil your creativity! We are opening a new sister shop initially on Art fire called Cottage Garden Poems (empty for now but will putting the postcards in the next week or so) for the original poetry postcards my dad has written and may open shops on the other sites for them to. I'll see how they go first. Look out for other products using his poetry this year!

Well it has been good for me to write this! It is very invigorating to have aims so you know where you're heading! So I hope this has interested and maybe excited you and you'll keep popping by to see how we're getting on and what's new! We will of course keep you up to date with new products as they get listed in our shops!

So wishing you again a very happy 2011!

Love Teri and Jan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for visiting. Please leave me a message to let me know you've popped by :-)